We check on explicit requests.
The Austrian-German Academy for Traditional Officers and Non-Commissioned Officers (OEDA) was founded in Mannheim in 2010. As an academy, it checks application and own wish, individual traditional officers, or traditional non-commissioned officers or entire associations and groups and employs them after a successful examination Tradition's Diploma from OEDA. the OEDA. This certifies that OEDA graduates have an appropriate and flawless level of training, as well as a correct, elegant appearance in historical uniform.
The following are checked for example:
- Adjustment and correct wearing of the uniform in all variants of the uniform
- The correct wearing of decorations and an encouragement not to wear historical medals and decorations
- Completeness, behaviour and appearance in uniform
- Commands and sabre/sword hilts
- Registration and Greeting
- Marching in a group or lined up individually
- Carrying and Handling of Weapons (Salute)
- Knowledge about commemorations, memorials, Regimental and Unit / Association history, historical context of the period 1806-1918, etc.